Welcome to site of Stavrodromi Waldorf Education in Nicosia! The first Waldorf (or Rudolf Steiner) school opened in 1919 in Stuttgart, Germany. A century later, it has become the largest independent school movement in the world, with more than 1,200 independent schools and nearly 2,000 kindergartens located in 75 countries. We are the first Waldorf initiative in Nicosia, and the fourth in Cyprus.
In Waldorf Education, the learning process is essentially threefold, engaging head, heart, and hands—or thinking, feeling, and doing. This is the basis out of which Waldorf teachers work to nurture and engage each child through a curriculum and methodology that integrates academics, arts, and practical skills.
Our initiative started in 2018 as there was a real need in Nicosia for a holistic and nurturing approach to children right from their start in life!
Ideally, this is for thoughtful parents who care about:
- a complete (holistic) approach to their child’s development – not just intellectual but also spiritual, emotional and physical aspects,
- raising their children harmoniously, whilst using soft and loving methods for behavioural correction
- being a part of a community and contributing in the development and growth of it
- establishing deep and meaningful connections with their children
- offering their children ample time outdoors for discovering, walking, playing, and planting, raising and growing their own fruit and vegetables
- placing their children in natural, peaceful and beautiful surroundings
Visit us at our OPEN DAYs or make a personal appointment to meet us! All year round we organise different festivals, and everyone is welcome to join us for celebrations! Please see the EVENTS section for more details.
For more information call George on 99 533486